View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 PM
JustJeanne

Default Help (creative ideas needed)

I have ALOT OF Sewing paraphernalia, fabric, trim, buttons, lace, etc. I am sure you all know the drill, well I am working on destashing some of it and keeping only what I will really use, or at least what I imagine I will really use, which is STILL ALOT, I make journals (Scrapbooking supplies) crazy quilting (Embellishments + fancy fabrics), hand dye and do wool applique, embroidery, quilting and assorted other things but those are the basic ones. I want to try to keep like things (journaling, crazy quilting etc) together, and organized, anyone have any suggestions? I keep my buttons, trim, etc. in big pickle type jars, I keep my fabric in bins, I keep my embroidery floss in a little tote with tons of compartments, so I have beads, sequins etc. in there too. I am looking for somewhere to keep my projects when I am working on them and an organized way to keep things so I can find them when I do want to start a new project. Seems like my floss (When I use my floss, I put it in those small plastic bags with the floss number enclosed in the bag, but trying to keep all the bags in the same place has proven to be difficult, trims- I have vintage trims, cording, leather trim, eyelet trim etc., lace- I have vintage lace, hand dyed lace, etc. get strewn all over and I don't have a good way to store them. Jars and Jars of vintage buttons, actually I have 2 vintage tins full of vintage buttons and 2 big pickle jars full, I have vintage yo yos, and vintage hexies cut out, Got any suggestions or ideas????? I am a vintage kinda girl, I have lots of baskets, tins, crates, jars, wooden boxes, etc and they are all put to good use. Not a plastic bin type girl at all. I am thinking of taking my vintage feedsacks and rolling them up and putting them in a wooden crate so you can see them all, right now they are in a box (Feedsacks are my pride and joy of my collection and I don't cut them up or use them) just pet them. LOL

TIA, Jeanne