View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 05:33 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I might be the only one, but I've made 5 purses and I didn't enjoy making them one bit. I seemed to have trouble every step of the way. They were all made in classes. I felt rushed. Everything seemed to be going to fast. Every time. I didn't think I was slow at doing things. I kept up in college classes okay, so I don't know why I couldn't keep up in these purse classes. I keep up in quilt classes. I love purses. I buy expensive purses. I would love to be able to make some nice purses and have them turn out nice, though. The ones I made in class I stick fabric in them. I wouldn't wear them out in public. They were 3 hour classes and we quilted the purses, too. I barely started to quilt mine when the class was over. I had to keep on calling the teacher over to help me. I felt so confused each time. Each purse was so different from the other. Anyone else have that problem? Is it only me? At quilting retreats, a lot of the gals make purses. They really enjoy doing it. I don't even try, even if it is cute. Is this Bow Tuke an easy purse to make? Some of mine were so hard to turn, I had to have the teacher do part of the work and even she had trouble helping me.