View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 08:40 PM
oregongirl

i didn't put any oil in the grease pots or other places where you put lubricant. there are some oil spots, like the presser bar, that have wicking in them. that's what i was referring to.

i've cleaned the tracks of the handwheel and put lubricant on it. with the handwheel off, that shaft turns fine and all the parts move until the handwheel is fully re-engaged. then nothing moves. so i'm guessing it's the motor. i haven't even plugged it in yet and was thinking to get everything working before i did that. plus there is a crack with a wire visible in the cord.

i've read through the Vintage Singer's blog - he's got an incredible amount of information! OH - i just connected the dots and realized that's you! you've got a great site - although it has sucked me in and i've spent hours over the past week reading your blogs. i was hoping for any answer other than that the motor needs to be re-wired. i don't know anything about electrical, although i saw your tutorial on the most basic electrical stuff you need to know. it's still a little intimidating to me.

thanks very much for the help. i don't want to give up on it! it's a pretty little machine and i've already gotten hooked on these things!