View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Gramie bj

I save the paper rolls from inside paper towels, and wrap my odds and ends of lace, ribbon, trim ect on them then slip the paper roll on a mens pants hanger. I have a couple of them, each will hold six pairs of men's pants, store hangers in closet. Ribbon trim, or lace still on the roll I keep in schoe boxes I have covered with fabric. My floss, when opened, is wraped around a small card with brand and color number on it then stored in a file box. Each type of project has a master storage box with evreything I might need for that project stored inside. In my applique box you will find needles, pins, nonmelt mylar for stencels, mini iron, specility thread, hoops, glue stick, thimbel. ect. In my beading box- needles thimbels beading threads, scissors, ect. I have one of these master boxes for everything. Embellishment, applique, embrodry, english paper piecing, quilting, paper piecing. Makes it easy when I want to start a new project just gab a box, my fabric and trim or beads and I'm set to go. I do have a lot of pincushions, thimbles, and scissires. LOL But I don't have to spend an hour just looking for the basic supplies I need for the project. After the project is finished I just put the box away untill next time. I have everythibg labeled. I just finished getting the last of my stash on mini bolts and into cabnets Rotery cutters, rullers, mats ect. that I might use with more than one project are stored where they can quickly and easley be reached. On peg board by my cutting are or hanging at the end of my cabnet. Not everything works for everyone, It took me about 10 years to finally come up with a system that works for me. My system drives one of my friends crazy!! LOL