View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 AM
havinfun

Hello again and Thank you for the Welcome...

I realize this is a big project to take on especially since it is my first quilt. I do plan on lots of practice on scrap material I have (mainly old bed sheets) before cutting into the actual fabric I plan on buying for the quilt. Lord knows I don't want to invest in alot of nice material then go messing it up by cutting it wrong. Honestly I don't have alot of sewing expierence either but I am one to believe that all things are possible so with that I am gonna do my best and know that my daughter will love it no matter how it turns out, even if everything don't line up excatly like they are supposed to or any imperfections there may be.

From what I have read and learned so far I was figuring that 100% cotton would be the best option (I just wanted to ask and make sure) From reading I also have learned that the fabric should be pre-washed. Any suggestions on that? Will the edges of the material fray when I wash it and if so is there something I should do to avoid this?

I will post pictures as I do the quilt and i'm sure I will have lots of questions along the way as well. I look forward to talking with each of you and learning from all of you...This forum certainlty has alot of great people.

Take care everyone and Thank you so very much for your help.