Old 09-17-2012, 12:31 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
Yes it's the pieced fish border I meant that we especially loved. We took a few pictures of your lovely quilt!! We did see the little alaska themed one with the circles of fabric. My dh liked it a lot.

We loved the one that was quilted with all the trees and mostly beige fabrics. The quilting really made it!! It may have been right behind your quilt...I don't remember exactly but we loved that one too.
Oh yes, I remember that one. Awesome LA quilting on it with some very unique designs. I took a few closeups of that one. You are right, the quilting really made it. There was another one towards the back that the person wrote her husband requested it for their cabin in Alaska. He chose a fabric with eagles and owls and she did a very interesting and unique interpretation using those fabrics and very muted greens and tans.

What did you think of the art quilt wallhanging that was X-rays and scans printed on the fabric forming the shape of a person? Very different and I found just a wee bit disturbing. Definitely quilting outside the box. I have to give the quilter credit for that one. Unfortunately my pic of it was blurry beyond belief so I can't share it.