Thread: irons
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 03:29 PM
DogHouseMom

I like mine a lot, but it's pricey. I have the Oliso - the yellow one (don't remember the model number).

I like the fact that it stays hot! Even when ironing yardage, I don't have to wait for it to cycle to hot again and again - it remains a constant usable hot no matter how long I use it.

I love the long 12' cord!

I love the plate - nothing sticks to it, I never get scorching, and it's easy to clean with a damp cloth.

Of course it has the feet that will lift it - which is a nice feature - but I turn it off quite often. For example if I am pressing pieces of blocks (say HST's) I'll drop the iron one while I finger press the next open, then swap them - this way I can keep going. But I do like the feet option for when I'm ironing yardage - my board is 45" long so once I have the fabric over the board no room for the iron, but with the feet raised I can place the iron on my cutting board (right behind me) without a problem!!

I also like the fact that it's heavy - I prefer a heavy iron to a light iron. I know some people like a lighter weight iron.

I don't ever use steam so I can't tell you how that function of the iron performs.W

Would I buy it again even though it's very pricey ... yes ... but I'll shop around for the best price