View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:45 PM
J Miller

Originally Posted by oregongirl View Post
WOWOWOW that's amazing! i saw your instructions earlier and have a case that i'm going to try it on. is that just ordinary fabric on the case? or a vinyl?
It's a stretch fabric of some kind. My wife says it's a lightweight suede cloth. The only black we could find with some sort of pattern on it.

Originally Posted by grayhare
Wow, Joe your case looks great!! How did you deal with the latches, and the handle? Did you take them off, and if so what and how did you put them back on? Did you clean the latches, or are those new? Did you use the same type of fabric as your tutorial case? That is a beautiful looking case! Wow, you did good!! Sorry, for all the questions. Anamaria
The latches were badly rusted. They were held on with split rivets. I had to drill them out, then fix the holes and then drill new ones. The screws used were 6x32 brass flat head machine screws. The case latches are new brass plated ones.
The metal parts on the handle was originally nickle or chrome plated but had corroded so I polished them and painted them with gold +Testor's model paint.
The fabric used on this case is a different kind of material that what was used on the other one. We're not sure what the other one was, we bought it quite a while back.

No problem on the questions.

Originally Posted by kitsykeel
Beautiful job Joe. Is there anything you won't tackle? You are definitely a Jack of all trades.
Yep, Automatic transmissions and computerized anythings.

Joe