Old 09-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Yarn or Fabric

I was all set to do the half log cabin for my sister and just use the fabric she picked out for the back ... until I saw this... http://www.spotlight.com.au/inspirat...-garden-quilt/ I can use the large focal print and I have a few tan materials with shells and starfish on them that I can use... and I picked out a very dark navy blender material for the "black" I'm going to start cutting and piecing today. I'm going to do the larger one for her. Her fiance is a very tall guy so the small one would like like a toddler blanket next to him lol. I'll keep track of how long it takes to make it and share pics when I'm done.

For my niece I definitely want to do the forest bricks pattern. I have a lot of leaf fabrics I had been collecting to make a leaf quilt out of leaf fabrics. I think I'll probably use those to make hers with... we'll see though. I am going to do my sister's first and then work on my niece's. I'm fortunate that I do have a little leeway with my niece's quilt. She is going to be moving back to the Jersey area this spring/early summer so we'll take a family vacation and go visit her and have a family reunion so I could hold out to make and quilt hers until I see her.... I'd rather get it done on time if at all possible. I've been notoriously bad for making things on time! I want to break that cycle.