Old 09-18-2012, 03:56 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fuzzykittenbutt View Post
QuiltE, any updates on your little bo peep idea? I'd love to see it! I'm currently working on an applique sheep quilt of my own design as well, maybe it qualifies for this group too?
FuzzyKitty ... thanks for asking but sadly, no stitches have been sewn on Peep! Of course, yours should be here on this thread ... come on over and join us and we'd all love to share in your progress. Besides, Peep and her Sheep would like the company!

I did find a fabric that I am planning to use for the backing and will work some of it into the front. It's an all over small floral print. Maybe for her dress? or perhaps for a patch or two of flowers somewhere. Plan to use it as the colour scheme of the assorted fabrics that will be used, in order to tie it in with the front! Have been looking for black corduroy or a washable velveteen for the sheep heads/legs and never expected it to be so hard to find.

Also, keep debating whether to use regular cotton for the sheep? or minkee? I don't think I'll do freestyle sheep like you. My plans have always been to piecework them ... though seeing yours might inspire me to change my thoughts on this.

So the display is the same in my sewing room and I enjoy the view for inspiration as I walk by. Sadly, I have been working out of town a lot and leaving again this tomorrow for another week. I hope life slows down and I can get some sewing done soon.

So Welcome FuzzyKitty!! Hope to see yours coming more to life when I am back to home base again!