View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:52 AM
vintagemotif

Dottymo, Almost all of us here have posted photos of quilts that we have made from start to finish using vintage machines. I do believe MUV (who is from the UK) has posted one or two quilts on this thread that she pieced, but had sent out to to be quilted (very lovely quilt). But other than her post of that quilt, I believe all the quilts on this thread have been made from start to finish by the person sharing their quilts, shirts, or dolls with us (and all are nicely done). Some of us in our posting have stated which machines have done what work; for example, x machine did the piecing, y machine did the machine quilting, and z machine did the binding.

I make all of my quilts using machines in treadles. Some use treadles and/ or e-machines to make the quilts, while others just use vintage e-machines. Charlee has shared with us shirts that she has made for her husband. It's nice to see other projects made with vintage machines, like the dolls that Charlee and Trish have made.

There are some beautiful quilts that have been made that have had many hands (numerous people) involved in the design and development of the quilt.( none posted on this thread)

I prefer to do the work myself since I'm the designer of the quilt. I do all the selection of fabrics (no kits), figuring out the designs, piecing, sandwiching (front, batting, and back), basting, and quilting for my quilts since this is what I love to do.

Last edited by vintagemotif; 09-18-2012 at 07:55 AM.