View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 AM
DogHouseMom

Don't want any critter visitors ... they never come alone, they always bring "passengers" (most notably fleas!).

I have a Possum story.

Dogs were outside and barking fool heads off. I stepped out on to the deck and dogs were standing at the bottom of the deck stairs, looking up onto the deck, and barking (there was a gate preventing the dogs from being on the deck - otherwise they surely would have been up there!). They were looking right at me, and barking!! Warning barks!!! And they were clearly agitated about something.

Shut up clearly was not working with these guys (5 of them), and they were PO'd!!! At me? Surely not.

Then I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye, just to the left and above my head.

There, sitting on a plant hanger attached to the support pole for the deck lattice top, about 6" from my head, was a flipping Possum.

I HATE Possums!! Nasty, ugly, flea infested, sharp toothed, carion eating, and disease carrying varmits!!! UGH!!!

Corralled dogs into garage ... grabbed fire extinguisher and scythe (yes I have one), back out to deck and gave that sucker a blast of the extinguisher first - which got him moving (and snarling, and hissing), but to keep him moving quickly (Possum's don't "trot" despite the name of Moonworks towns (one of my favorite town names BTW - it's just too cute!), they "shuffle" - but who want's to live in "Possum Shuffle"??) and more or less poked him with the scythe and blasted him with the extinguisher to get him under the fence and into the woods behind my house WHERE HE BELONGS!!