View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Sauki1

Just arrived back from my fabric run. So, a few ideas. I was thinking we needed to name our group, unless ya'll like group #4 I couldn't come up with many but I was thinking Stitchers across America or Stitching from afar or Stitching Divas or Quilters United. I know, not very creative today. Hopefully, ya'll have better.

I was also thinking we could include a journal or notebook in our packages. In them, we can share info about ourselves, our quilting careers or maybe just what's going on in our lives while we had the quilt tops. Any thoughts?

I was thinking possibly a siggy for our block rows, which would be fine. But, for instance, my quilt theme doesn't work with this concept. However, it doesn't mean we couldn't do it for others.

Also, to sew the rows together or not to sew together? Include sashing in the packages? I know there was talk regarding the postage cost, however, flat rate packages should solve that worry. Thoughts?

My theme is Triple Irish Chain Checkerboard Quilt Block. It is the 2nd one listed on this website http://www.generations-quilt-pattern...ain-quilt.html . I'm doing it with a grey background fabric and cooler colors. I would love it very scrappy. The only thing I would think doesn't work with it would be a bright orange, neons or like a lemon yellow color. Otherwise, pretty much anything should work.

So, chime right on in with your ideas and we'll see where we'll end up.

Angie