View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Vanogay

Well, I am here. I don't usually get on this computer until some time late in the afternoon, but I will be here. Sauki, I will need your address as I mail to you each time. I'll PM Cuppy with mine.
My thoughts - I like the idea of a journal to be included with the row as it is mailed. That doesn't weigh that much - and if we use flat rate boxes, the price really won't change. I think it's about $12.00 (got a Secret Pal box today and that was the postage on it). Each quilter can add her thoughts on the row she is working on and the owner will have a 'history' of her quilt when it's done.
I had planned to use sashing between my blocks (horizontal) and was going to include it with the package. Again, I don't think that'll add too much to the mailing costs. The rows can be left 'unsewn' but again, they can be sewn to the one before it. My rows are 3 & 2 as in 3 cats and 2 samplers in one row and 3 samplers and 2 cats in the next row, so it will be for the receiving person to decide which row they are on. If they are unsewn, it might be difficult to determine what type row is needed.
As far as names, I like Quilters Across America, but I really don't care.
I had thought about including a rather large - open design label to use on the back, but that can be changed to whatever you decide.
i'll have fun with a scrappy quilt and an angel also. Guess we just need to get ourselves in gear. I'm all for NOT mailing early - too much risk of losing it. Mail with 1 week of due date - 1 week before 1 Dec; 1 week before 1 Feb. We're all continental US, so should take too long to get them that way. Open for any and all...