View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:47 PM
MdmSew'n'Sew

Hooray, I was in a swap with Quiltermomma and WandaLou, if you don't know them already, trust me, they are both VERY talented ladies!

I am excited, haven't settled on my theme yet, I'm thinking about my row consisting of blocks representing places I've lived (my father and ex were both in the Navy, so I've traveled --- a LOT!) Then have everyone add blocks representing where they have lived or visited or dreamed of going to see - so when it's done, it'll represent a lot of different places ... and sending a journal along with the blocks so that everyone can tell me the names of the blocks they chose and what they represent. I think it would be like a flying carpet of sorts. And since I want to sash it when I get all the rows back, I'd ask everyone to baste their blocks together and also baste to the previous row, so nothing gets lost but I can easily finish it without overworking Jack the Ripper - I think my sashing will be based on what everyone does, I'm not ready to commit to a color yet, I want everyone to let their imagination fly on this one.

As for our group's name, what about a riff on Ocean's Eleven? I'll have to think on that tonight and come back tomorrow.