View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:57 AM
katesnanna

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
Ever since moving in to our new house and in to my new studio, I have had a 4x4' piece of felt thumb tacked to the wall for a design wall. It works nice - as long as you are only making something small ... or if they are just blocks, not strips sewn together....

Now that I sold my mid arm quilting machine on a frame (I never used it, so it was time for it to find a new home) I have an open wall... what's a gal to do with an open wall? Make a bigger and more functional design wall! I'm considering getting a sit down quilter of some sort but haven't decided what I want to get yet. I'll get something eventually

Here's a picture of my wall. It's roughly 7 1/2' tall x 8' wide. I can add another 4' on if I want to but for now I'm good with what I have.

After taking the picture, I did smooth out the felt a bit more and had my father in law add a few more nails/washers to the center where the insulation boards meet. They were a bit saggy.

I used felt covered styrofoam insulation boards to make the wall.
Fabulous design wall. I'm still trying to work out where I can put one in my new sewing space. I think it will have to be a portable one.