View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Lisa_wanna_b_quilter

OK Here is what I think we have so far. Jump in if I'm wrong about anything.

#1. Each quilt owner will include all the necessary sashing strips if they want sashing strips used. When the quilt owner finishes row 1 they can attach the sashing. The person making row 2 will then attach the next sashing strip. IF YOU DO NOT WANT SASHING AND YOU DO NOT WANT ROWS CONNECTED, make sure to indicate that in your note about your quilt. I know some people have said they would like to get unconnected rows back so they may put them in any order or decide about sashing later.

#2. Send along a label if you want one used. The quilt owner will create the label in any fashion they choose. It can be simple fabric with a pigma pen or fancy embroidery or whatever. Just remember that not everyone will have the ability to sign their name in fancy embroidery. Some labels will be signed with pigma pens and such.

#3. Each person should send along a note of some kind with their quilt giving ideas of what they would like to see. Mine could be something like this: "Black, white, grey, prints of any combination of these, tone on tones, etc. in traditional block styles. I love Sun Bonnet Sues, all kinds of embroidery (think redwork only grey or black)." A little note like that will give people an idea of the quilt owners thoughts.

#4. Each person will always send the quilt to the person listed after them at the beginning of this thread. I will always be sending to Roda. Roda will send to Jude. Jude will send to Pat. Pat sends to Mama. Mama sends to me. Make sure the person who needs to send to you has your address in plenty of time. You can either all PM to me and I will distribute or you may PM directly to the person who needs to send to you.

#5. Sending early is OK. Let's just ask the person we are sending it to if they are ready. Some people have many projects going on and might not want another one laying around. If you are ready to send a row out early, ask the next person if they are ready for it.

#6. Communication meant for the entire group should be posted here. Thoughts, suggestions, pictures, etc. If you have a direct question about the row you are working on, feel free to PM the row owner or put it on here.

#7. Have fun! Don't stress out about any of this. This is to be a fun, social event.