View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Snooks

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
Ever since moving in to our new house and in to my new studio, I have had a 4x4' piece of felt thumb tacked to the wall for a design wall. It works nice - as long as you are only making something small ... or if they are just blocks, not strips sewn together....

Now that I sold my mid arm quilting machine on a frame (I never used it, so it was time for it to find a new home) I have an open wall... what's a gal to do with an open wall? Make a bigger and more functional design wall! I'm considering getting a sit down quilter of some sort but haven't decided what I want to get yet. I'll get something eventually

Here's a picture of my wall. It's roughly 7 1/2' tall x 8' wide. I can add another 4' on if I want to but for now I'm good with what I have.

After taking the picture, I did smooth out the felt a bit more and had my father in law add a few more nails/washers to the center where the insulation boards meet. They were a bit saggy.

I used felt covered styrofoam insulation boards to make the wall.
WOW, that looks great. But how long will it have ALL of that FREE floor space in front of it (think I hear fabric calling)!!!!!