View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 09:06 AM
AliKat

I think all of our stashes eventually get too large. Mine is sorted by color and design and batiks are to themselves. A few years ago a friend and I went over my stash and made 'kits' for church prayer quilts. Since when I started really quilting once I was down here in AZ I didn't have a 'stash' friends started one for me. Now I have started to share with someone else. It is a good feeling

"Have you considered a hand held (wand) scanner to copy the patterns you have applied sticky notes to? You could then get rid of that mountain of magazines - either by donating them to your local library/quilter's group or by selling them."

I just use my printer scanner and scan what I want. I have 2 folders on my computer and flash drive backup. #1 is only of the quilt tops with their names. #2 is for the quilt tops and their directions. That way I can do a slide show of just the tops and decide what I want to do.

The quilt mags go to one of my quilting groups when I have finished scanning. What the quilters don't use I donate to another group that then sells the older mags at our Rusty Barn booth in January.

ali

ali