View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 02:30 PM
MizMelly

Well, I must say, I have this compassionate streak that is very BIG. See, I have 3 older kitties (Dusty is my Avatar pic), that are all 9 years old. Then I have a 1 year old "Jack" who I rescued last year - he had a serious eye infection and I had to have it removed, so then I went to 4 indoor kitties with the addition of "One-eyed Jack". I also have a colony of outdoor kitties that I take care of. And gee, wouldn't you know it, I had ANOTHER kitten get a serious eye infection and had to have surgery done on him. That was Monday of this week. Vet bills are absolutely outrageous! It's a very good thing I have a huge fabric stash, so I should be fine digging through my stash to meet everyone's quilt themes.
But anyway, my new kitten is named "Frank" (Frankenstein? Frankencense?). He's adorable and just a wild boy now that he's recovering from surgery. Even tho I'm going to be beyond broke, I can't see my animals suffer and the other option I do not find acceptable when an otherwise healthy kitten has a treatable problem. I wasn't planning on retiring anytime soon anyway....

So, back to the quilting theme. I know I have a few fabrics with cherries, I also have several fabrics that look like wood.
It will be a few weeks before I start on mine, I do quilt commissions on the side and right now I'm working on a memory quilt for a client (37 photos!!!). They have to be placed in chronological order in the layout that the client specified. Not so much fun since I can't be as creative with layout as I'd like!