View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 05:47 PM
frannella

Congratulations! My youngest just got married and we are over the moon. As for your call for quilt suggestions, I think given the red/black///blue/orange color scheme, a variation on the 9-patch would be perfect. Joyce Peaden wrote a book called Irish Chain Quilts & Related Patterns, one of which she calls the Lambfold (on page 40).

I was fooling around with your colors in EQ7 and I think this pattern could work for you on a single side. The pattern is a 9 patch, but essentially solid except for the center square. The idea is that you alternate the predominant and single center colors in a Block A/Block B scenario. But I think it also works in a 4-block pattern, like this:

A-Red B-Blue C-Black D-Orange
RRR + BBB + BBB + OOO
RBR BOB BRB OBO
RRR BBB BBB OOO

Although the pattern is as old as the Irish Chain itself, it looks very contemporary, and with your gator color schemes, it could be absolutely stunning (kaffe-Fasset-like). In the few rows I played around with, I alternated the first block colors every other row. You could leave the center of every block a neutral color for the autographs, or you could just instruct people to sign in the center square or the squares surrounding the center, whichever is lighter.

Whatever you do, post pictures when you get it figured out! Congratulations again.