Old 09-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Experience is a great teacher, isn't it!
Jan in VA

Originally Posted by QuiltingHaven View Post
No laughing here....I have taken the selvedges off of so much fabric and I have purchased several (oh, about 10 pairs) scissors and I have tied at least one pair to each of my sewing machine tables. I have tied them around the legs, around the plug in for the foot pedal. I have tied them to the nice clear sewing table that fits my Featherweight. I also have a pair tied to the ironing board. They are tethered on a selvedge, oh about 36-46 inches with a nice bow so that I can make them moveable if I ever need to move them. Then I have a pair tied to the sewing basket handle that I take to my chair to do my lap quilting. I have a pair tied to the basket that I carry to the area where I lay out my quilt pieces to decide how I am going to sew them. I have a pair on the table beside the dryer so that I can cut strings when the fabric comes out of the dryer. Now, these are all great scissors purchased with 40-50% off coupons and/or with the additional 20% off at JoAnn's fabrics. AND no one uses "Mama's Scissors" but Mama!!!!