View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 03:22 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
ckcowl, I was told that C&C would be terrible in my machine too and they recommended Robison-Anton and they gave me a bunch of it to start off with....honestly I can't tell the difference, I think the R-A thread is just as linty as C&C. It just comes on bigger spools. LOL

My machine sews with whatever I put into it. I DO prefer Aurifil (especially for piecing) because it's so thin and low-lint and I can fit so much on a bobbin, but I have loads of C&C and A-R left; I tend to use that for quilting because it's a little thicker and I want the threads to show. I certainly am not about to throw it out, I must have miles of thread!

Connecting Threads brand is my new favorite thread behind Aurifil though. SO inexpensive, and seems just as good (if not better) than C&C or R-A, and tons of colors to pick from. Linty, sure, but it's not that hard to clean out my machine every now and then. I sew a lot of flannel so I have piles of lint no matter what anyway. I'm waiting for another CT thread sale and I'm going to buy a whole rainbow! I just wish they had varigated thread.
I love Connecting Threads brand also. I have a drawer full of their packages of thread and I usually get the soft colors as opposed to the brights - I don't do a heckuva lot of bright stuff - Their brand is Essential and I got the Homestead and it is absolutely gorgeous. I think I would like to get the Woodland next, but I do wait until they go on sale. I use the Natural for sewing squares together and I bought twelve of them on sale last year. I don't mind the $2.49 for a spool since there is 1200 yards of thread on the spool. That can last me quite a while! We are a crazy lot, aren't we? We can sit and look and feel our fabric for hours and look in the drawer at our thread.

I have used Coats and Clark Dual Duty XP - All purpose variegated thread and it works fine for me. There are many different colors....all of them quite lovely. Check that out! I got mine at JoAnn's (on sale of course or with coupons! Isn't that something? You can't afford thread anymore unless it is on sale or you have coupons!

Sign of the times, I guess.
Edie