View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:30 AM
KyKaren1949

I bought a new Janome 6600 a year ago. I had always used Gutermann thread and loved it. Over and over again, the thread knotted up under the fabric. I bet I took that machine back to the dealer twenty times to be "adjusted." We tried different needles, different stitch lengths, etc. etc. Nothing worked. The Janome still coughed, sputtered and hissed every time I used Gutermann. I was SO frustrated! I was just sure I had a lemon machine.

Finally, the dealer suggested I try another thread brand. They had searched, adjusted and lubricated everything they knew to do. I was just sure it was the dealer who didn't know what they were doing. (despite having been in busines for over 75 years!) I was NOT going to give up on my Gutermann thread!!!

Finally, I was at a quilting retreat and was fussing about the Janome at home. Several people there told me they had experienced the same thing with one brand of thread or another and suggested I try Aurifil. Doubtful, I bought some when I got home. Ahhh...never a problem since. I've since learned the machine will cooperate with ANY brand BUT Gutermann. I have no idea why. My Featherweights and Bernette both love the Gutermann, so I just use it when sewing with them. Such a relief! I was ready to pitch the Janome out the window because it was supposed to be my dream machine, and finally it is!

Last edited by KyKaren1949; 09-20-2012 at 05:33 AM.