View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 06:10 AM
Shana

Default Brother Pacesetter PC-8500(D)

Anyone have the 8500?? I just got mine home from the estate sale, but there are a couple of problems. #1 we were unable to find any cards or software to go with it, so I'm going to have to buy those, and we couldn't find any thread to go with it. I can't imagine buying a machine for $3000 and not having those things...perhaps they are still buried among all the other things. If it wasn't going to be used for embroidery I would think a better machine could be purchased for that price and use.

#2 I know NOTHING about the different weights of thread and needles! Does anyone know a good tutorial? I called my local distributor and they would be happy to give me 'lessions' at $75 an hour! I can't afford that at the moment lol

#3 Where to get threads...I looked on eBay and there seems to be a wide selection that all say they work with Brother machines...I guess I need to deal with #2 and #3 will solve it'self lol

#4 Cleaning the machine, again, anyone know of a good tutorial about how to do this? I would much rather do basic maintenence myself if I can.