View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:52 AM
coffeebreak

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
I made one bargello quilt. I bought this book http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1564...ls_o01_s00_i01 which explains not only a construction method, but also how to draft your own design. I don't think the construction method would be great for a bed quilt (mine is a wallhanging) but it might give you some ideas how to proceed. Here's my quilt - designed to look like a waterfall.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]364192[/ATTACH]
Looks great. Any tips or suggestions you care to share? I am wanting a water theme..ocean waves specifically. I have 9 fabrics, but can't find a pattern that tells how many strips to cut of each size nor can I find one that tells how much to buy and cut for a twin size quilt. I hate to buy a book online cause I can't see much and if I spend $25 for the book and it doesn't have what I want...it is money wasted. I looked at JOannes, but they dont' have one about Bargello. I have watched Eleanor Burns QIAD and she says for a queen you need 24 fat quarters, but doesn't say if it is 24 diff fabrics, or 2 each of 12 diff fabs. Also doesn't say if the quilt is made a one unit...or multiple units, and if multiple...how do you end the one and start the other? I started withteh Around the World quilt and that is made in 2 halves sewn together in the middle, but I want the ocean waves to be all together flowing. Much like yours...