View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:39 AM
mermaid

I have ULT 2002 (updated to 03), and ULT 2003--but I helped my friend learn her 8500...the biggest difference is the screen. I also have the PE Design software & can digitize. She didn't want that--so I advised her to get the PE Design Basic which sells for about $100 (Walmart, AllBrands). Installed in your computer, you can download from the internet and then write to the blank card--it comes with a reader/writer box. You can resize designs up or down a small amt., see images of the designs.. but it is simple to use. Buying the designs on cards can get expensive and will pay for the 'Basic' shortly. Of course there's Magic Box which writes to a card, and one other I can't remember the name of. Your designs will be .pes format, so you need something compatible. Later when you fall in love with the process, you may want a later machine and more extensive software..but for now, one of these will fit your needs ---and there are free programs on line for changing formats, thread colors, many choices.