Old 10-09-2009, 04:24 AM
Maride

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Well? That's an easy one at the moment....
The ONLY state that I would refuse to live in would be Hawaii. Ok, go ahead and groan...Nope, been there, done that...too expensive!
Give me the lower 48,,,ok, include Alaska in there because I could probably do Alaska too.
If you want to include Territories....get me out of Guam!
Any place where I have to drive in circles daily and end up where I started an hour later, nope, not for me! I want the open roads so I can travel where and when I want.
My perfect place, if there is such a thing would be a farmlet (about 5-10 acres) outside of a nice town where I could have my gardens and just be peaceful with the world. I don't want the hustle and bustle of city life, but if the city life were an hour away, then that's ok...I could drive there to stress-up, then go back to my haven and de-stress.
I want my 4 seasons back too!
I am here reading your answer and thinking that you are describing the town where I live. Did you know I am selling my house? It is perfect for you. eight minutes from everything...hospital, post office, chuch, you name it. 2.5 acress, no neighbors too close and the closest one is a contractor who do repairs and cleans snow, 4 seasons well marked (northern NY, of course) 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, finished basement, 600 acress of nothing around the property, and the worst traffic jam you will ever find may be behind a tractor in the summer, or behind a snow blower in the winter, and all he is doing is clearing the path just for you. Interested?

Maria