Old 09-20-2012, 11:46 AM
n2scraplvr

Well, gang, here are some more pics for today's tryout! It grew beyond my design wall space so I moved the quilt outdoors. It's already 57" wide now from the 2 rows sewn on last night and looks like my plans for lots more rows will be altered. I absolutely love framing anything and it sure gives the definition to the quilt I wanted to do. Framing those string blocks brings the focus even nearer to the center of the quilt! I love the stateliness that a navy fabric brings to a quilt! Yes, it gives it a dignity that's unsurpassed by any other color! I had auditioned bright red framing the blocks but it overpowered the center. I tried a lighter red next which was just perfect! But navy won out this time! It's not always necessary to have a separation between rows, but as you can see from my pics, the little 9P's look great as a stand-alone meaning a row separating them is necessary! Guess I'll have to abandon my plan of 3 rows of more of the grid blocks as the final rows of the quilt.

Who knows? I just might turn this thing around with a wonderful floral displayed in a wide border!! (either painted, fused, raw edge or just my crayons! haha!) Tonight I'll be making string blocks for the final row. Remember that everything turned out nice and straight but the quilt is laying on grass in these pics and it looks bumpy and wavy!

Well, here comes the pics![ATTACH=CONFIG]364265[/ATTACH] 2 rows on, 1 laid out and 1 to go![ATTACH=CONFIG]364266[/ATTACH]the 3 lt. florals are all feedsacks I wanted to show you in the upper left-hand corner. Just love feedsacks!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]364267[/ATTACH] testing the next row...[ATTACH=CONFIG]364268[/ATTACH] def. needs space between rows[ATTACH=CONFIG]364269[/ATTACH]just right!![ATTACH=CONFIG]364270[/ATTACH] camera colors turned out great!
Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2-lt.-florals-all-feedsacks.jpg   3-testing-next-row.jpg   4-needs-space-between-rows.jpg   5-just-right-.jpg  

6-close-up.jpg