Old 09-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Charlee

I'm here, off and on Miriam... and now that I know what's going on, I can share why I haven't been around much lately.

When we went to the coast in July, it seems that I had a bit of a heart attack. Finally got into the cardiologist yesterday, where I underwent a nuclear stress test and echogram. Good news and bad... had another minor heart attack on the treadmill for the stress test, but no damage, and none from the one in July either.
Bad news...I have aortic valve stenosis, or a hardening of the aortic heart valve causing it to malfunction under exertion. I also have stress induced asthma, which doesn't help with the heart thing!
Ending with good news...they are going to try to control the problem with medication! Some of the side effects aren't exactly pleasant, but I think I can deal with those better than I can these episodes!

Not sure how much I'll be around...have been trying to spend more time with the spousal unit...and more time sewing....but I do check in everyday and at least read about what's happening!!