View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 04:37 PM
JustJeanne

Default Work/Cutting Table Questions

Anyone know the rule of thumb for height on cutting tables? I know it is a formula using my height but not sure how that goes, also any suggestions on width from front to back of table?My biggest cutting mat is 36" so I was thinking 36" wide from front to back. I have a chance to have a custom made work/cutting table, my girlfriend owns a shop and I was down there today. She has someone make her work tables for her, he either uses finished plywood or laminate counter top for the top, adds shelves underneath, has sides and a back on the shelves so nothing can slide off from the side or back. I have 2 cabinets from Home Depot (those cheap ones made of particle board with 2 doors on them) they have 3 shelves in each cabinet and I think I could get a work/cutting table with shelves and have as much storage space as the 2 cabinets plus have a cutting table and more wall space for more shelving etc. I have a place for the cabinets in my "Loom Room" for weaving supplies and that will leave more room in the sewing room. Now I just have to figure out the height and width I want and see how much he charges.