Old 09-20-2012, 04:53 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I keep trying to resist the temptation! But look I'm back looking at this thread again. The borders on the diagonal string blocks is wonderful. I think it serves 2 purposes. It stabilizes the row of blocks as it separates and defines them. In the first pic with just the 2 types of blocks the string blocks alone got lost next to the centerpiece. This way the string blocks complement the center pieces rather than being shadowed by them.
So glad you made it back again, Gladie!! Your analysis is right on! Very good! Yes, in the beginning pics, I was just laying the string blocks there for people to see what I was adding as my next row. I didn't tell my plans then for framing those blocks. Anytime you frame something, it always stands out and yes very much it is a defining factor in the quilt! Wish quilters would do this more often. The navy blue quietly calls attention to the centerpiece. I like the drama it gives!! Looking forward to your playing with this block, G, and we'll be anxious to see your post on it!! Thanks for your compliments!!