View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:24 AM
mary quilting

the spiral pins (twist pins) work great as long as its not a sleep number bed
Originally Posted by Deborahlees View Post
I was commissioned to do one and also made one for my own bed. Took an idea from a catalog I saw this in. You make your ruffle then add about a 4-6" leader on top. to this leader edge you can either add velcro and or use those spiral pins with the clear plastic heads, I think they are called 'Tidy Pins', Grandma used them to keep her dollies on the arms of the chairs. By using this method you have just enough under the mattress, so you don't kill your fingers when you change the sheets and it is super easy to take off and put on.....an easy way way for your gathering would be to divide and divide. Divide your top piece in half and then quarters and then your ruffle material, that way you get the same amount of fullness all the way across. Doing the skirt in third parts is an excellent idea, you just might want to overlap your corners an inch or two, which would be easy to do. I would make the foot piece longer so it wraps around the corner and apply it first, then the sides just to the corner, should look sharp and professional.