Old 09-21-2012, 01:29 PM
AlienQuilter

Thank you everybody for all your suggestions/ideas!

I have tried a lot of different weight loss plans. I know up front that if I have to count calories or points, I will do great at first then eventually stop doing it. I have bought smaller plates - I think they are called luncheon plates. DH and I have discussed it and have decided not to have seconds and no eating after supper.

I have noticed the Library has the South Beach Diet, I have placed my name on the waiting list for it. Will read it through for ideas.

That's a good idea about restricting/doing away with sugar. Have started buying higher quality bread - no more white stuff.

One thing I really need to do is start some type of walking program. Now that it's cooler outside I should be able to.

Would love a recumbent bike! Those look like they would be easy on the old knees.

That's a good suggestion about not eating when not hungry or it's okay to leave food on the plate. I have never made my kids eat everything, except when they wanted seconds they had to finish what was on their plate and that meant eating their vegetables. But I have a hard time since that was how I was raised.

I also need to concentrate on drinking more water. I feel better when I do.

Okay, so for right now concentrate on:
1. No junk food
2. No going back for seconds
3. Use smaller plates
4. If I can't pronounce it - don't eat it. (lots of food these days have really weird ingredients)
5. Stop eating when full.
6. Drink water or unsweetened tea in place of diet drinks.
7. Start moving.