Old 09-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

I couldnt tell if it was posting properly! hopefully you can all see the picture. It was awesome - the Pepperdine flag memorial to victims of 9-11 were still up as well. A sight to behold. For those who are unfamiliar - every year Pepperdine University in Malibu puts up one flag for each victim of the attacks at the World Trade Center, Pentagon, and flight 93 in Pennsylvania. Victims of each nation are represented with their native flags. Yes, Anael, there are a couple I identified from Nederland as well. [by the way - I have a cousin living in Deventer] The workers were actually ready to take the flags down today but were stopped in the middle of it to wait til the Endeavor passed overhead. I will post a picture with the flags as well but may not get to it today.
Gus

Oh ... here are my E-6, F-3 and F-7. I took the center of E6 apart several times and still not sure if I'm happy with it. At first the center looked real swastickerish and my family was in the Netherlands during that war so I cn't stand it when something resembles the symbol. Let me know what you think... I wanted to make the block out of a stripe, but I looked at Dottys more closely [Gladys, Cindy, Anael, and Dotty - your blocks are all terrific] at any rate - I may just chuck the stripe idea and re-do it with another fabric. Or find a red to match and use plain red with the white border??? I am almost done with E-11 and now think I shouldve used that stripe instead. will post it later
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0102.jpg