View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:20 PM
ZugZug

Mine is a double edged sword. I know that my DH does not like to go to the fabric store with me because I get very distracted there, and add to the fact that I keep my self on a MUCH tighter budget fabric wise than he thinks I should, results in me spending even more time worrying over which purchase would be the most beneficial to my future projects. Also I am a pill to deal with when matching fabric. I know what I want and if something doesnt meet that criteria I will pass it up, only to be worried about not finding anything. All my fussing only serves to make my already unhappy husband even more irritable. He has the policy of "buy it", weather I need it or not. So while he is definately an enabler, I always feel rushed (because I am a "please-r") when he is around which makes my shopping un-enjoyable and I sooo enjoy fabric.

But we now have an inside joke we use when he does tag along.....I explained that my sewing (machines, fabric, notions, etc) are the same as his motorcycles, so when we have invested as much in sewing as he has in his 5 motorcycles, then the pot can call the kettle black