View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 04:58 PM
LAQUITA

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I don't feel the need to "dole out" punishment to my husband. It's not right nor is it fair.

I guess I am old fashioned and don't understand this "new age" marriage thing about hiding purchases and punishing one's spouse for something.
I TOTALLY agree with you! I am a homemaker and primary caregiver for our special needs daughter, hubby has us on a budget for everything. Even for me, I get XXX of $$$ a month to do with what I want. I don't have to 'account' for it and if he sees 'quilting/ sewing things around the house he doens't have to 'wonder' where it came from. If I choose to save this money for a bigger purchse then fine too. This works well for us and doens't give him a reason to worry about the $$$ I'm spending and doens't give me a possible reason to lie/hide things from him. We have been married 28 years and this works for us. I'd be afraid to 'dole out' a punishment to him b/c I am not a perfect person either and would hate to think of him doint that to me. It seems under handed and spiteful to do this within your marriage. I am thankful that I don't feel the need to have to do this.

Just my thoughts. Not meaning to hurt anyone's feelings I know we are all differnt and in differnet places in our lives/marriage.