Old 09-21-2012, 10:00 PM
nurseknitsLaura

Charlee- All the best to you. Health issues are so worrying. I'll be thinking of you.

On the sewing front, i picked up a Kenmore 51 (158.511) and need a free manual, and hopefully a picture somewhere of which cams to look for. I'm giving this one to someone, so I don't want to pay for one of the beautiful copies made by Relics- just can't get into that habit when I am playing catch and release. I tri flowed the machine and it is still a bit slow. guess I should clean the motor, as well, and also the presses bar is stuck. I can get it loose with a light tap on a wood block, but then it needs another tap in the other direction. Guess I'll let it sulk-errr, SOAK- overnight and see if it wants to play nice tomorrow.

I also got a 99 with decals in good shape, but missing it's power cord and knee bar. Hand crank, here I come! Think I will notch the hand wheel, but it has that pretty shiny plating on the edge so I am feeling nervous about it. Anyone got any hints for me? I know there is a tutorial on the treadleon site. I don't have a drill press, which I am starting to think I need. Well, hope everyone is well and happy. Laura