Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
I was all set to do the half log cabin - and then I looked a little more. I'm so glad I did! I found the most perfect quilt design for my sister!
It's called Oriental Garden http://www.spotlight.com.au/inspirat...-garden-quilt/
I started late yesterday morning - a friend of mine came over to sew and monopolized my cutting mat and she is also a very needy sewing partner.. she never understands the directions to the project she is working on, cuts things wrong, and just needs a lot of help... I know I would have finished piecing the top completely yesterday had I been alone!! It's going to be a 70" square

Anyway... It is coming out absolutely gorgeous!
I'm so glad I held out for the perfect design. I'm not a D9P fan - to me, it's boring. I did it once. I did a DD9P and a TD9P (double and triple) and they are a little more interesting but still kind of boring to look at for me... I've done the Warm Wishes twice already and it's again just a boring repeat for me. I like to do something a little more visually interesting. I love the way this quilt looks! and it's going together so fast!!

I'm using the Hawaiian print for all of the not black pieces. I'm also using a dark blue/black blender fabric instead of a solid black. I had *just* enough of the Hawaiian print. I had to piece a few pieces of the Hawaiian print together since I miscut in the beginning but wow it is just gorgeous! I'll post pictures after I finish piecing the top today. It is just stunning. I might need to make one for me after I finish up these wedding quilts. I think I will use this block for a quilt for my older son. I can just see it using outer space fabrics. It's going to look so cool! I want to start it now!!!

I am hoping to hand deliver the one for my sister. I'm going to her wedding so I'd like to bring it. It's a 14 hour drive so I want to make sure I'm not going empty handed. She's not going on a honeymoon. My niece is getting married in Wisconsin and I won't be able to attend that wedding. I'd like to be able to get it done so that I can give it to my mother so she can hand deliver it. I just don't trust the postal service with something like this. I've heard too many horror stories of stolen quilts.

Oh my gosh guys this quilt is gorgeous!!! I've never named a quilt before but this one I might have to. Even my husband was taken by it and he's a pretty hard guy to impress
Sounds delicious! Can't wait to see pics!