View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:35 AM
barri1

Originally Posted by Dollyo View Post
I'm looking for ideas on making bedskirts. I have several yards of a striped fabric that is the wide sashing in my queen quilt. I want to make a bedskirt that doesn't need that dreaded muslin platform that you have to insert between the mattress and boxspring. I want to attach it w/sticky Velcro or something directly to the box springs. I think. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Concerned that the loopy side will have all kinds of things stuck to it over time; and that it won't stay stuck.
I have a dog, Bear (shepard/husky cross), that sheds so much that I have dust elephants. She also crawls under the bed. Do you have any idea what a white dust ruffle looks like when she's crawled under the bed a few dozen times.
I'm planning on serging the top edge and then using my ruffler/pleater to gather the fabric. Haven't used it yet, so will have to figure that out, too. Planning on doing 3 separate pieces.
Thanks for your suggestions.
DollyO
I made one, but used a sheet under the box spring. It annoys me as it slides around. I love the idea of using velcro to attatch the sides.
My question for you is how does a big dog get under the bed? My guy scoots under the bed, and comes out on the other side. He thinks it's funny to be chased. As for the dog hair...Ughhhh. Would not deal well with it. My guy doesn't shed.I will find toys under, or chewy bones.