View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:49 AM
ssnare

ctipton. Start picking out your fabric. Plan what you want to do for your row. What I do, after I have my ideas is look for fabric (of course, we all know how much fun that is) LOL. Then I sketch out my plan on 12 1/2" square graft paper that I get from Joanns in the quilting section. Then if I am making 12 1/2" blocks, that takes 5 blocks this size to make a 60 1/2" row, I plan what I want to do in each block. Then I start making my blocks. Sometimes I have a center block that may be different and 2 side blocks that are the same and 2 other side blocks that are the same. But sometimes, each block is different or spells out something. This is where your imagination takes you. Then start sewing each block. When you have each block sewn together, sew the blocks into a row. Show pictures as you progress. We love pictures of everyone's progress and it is nice for you to keep a record.
Then, when you are done with your row and it is ready to be mailed to the next person, notify that person to see if they are ready for your row. Then, when you mail yours and someone mails theirs to you, you look at their row and let it talk to you. Then you decide what you want to add to their row and start the process over again. Eventually, you get your top back and you get to see the progress as it moves around and as it grows. That's what it is all about!