View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 08:29 AM
RainydayQuilter

I signed up for this project because I thought it would be a fun happy experience, and I still believe it will be. It seems like we have really good group of people who people who will be easy to get along with on this journey. That said here are my thoughts on Charlottemaries questions.

Correspondence - I think including a card informing the others of our wishes for our quilt top will be the easiest way for everyone to get the finished product we're wanting. It will be much easier for me than reading back through posts on here.

Sashings - I have no problem adding sashings for those that want them. I usually use sashings in my quilts. I'm thinking I will probably add sashings after I get my top back, maybe between the rows, maybe between the blocks. So I will probably ask that you just baste your row on, that way after all the blocks are finished I can choose sashing that best compliments the finished rows/blocks.

Mailing finished rows early - I have ideas swirling around in my head but it will probably be the middle of Oct before I can actually sit down and play/cut/sew on my row. I can see mailing maybe 1 to 2 weeks early, but I think if I received it earlier than that I would feel pressured/stressed to get my current row out. I really want to be able to feel proud of the work I do on your quilts.

Pictures of the progress - Once we start mailing are we going to post pics as the rows are completed, or is anyone wanting theirs kept a surprise? I have no problems seeing mine in progress. I never could wait for Christmas morning.

Rainyday