View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 09:28 AM
charlottemarie

That's funny Rainyday. LOL I couldn't wait to get into those presents either!! That's a good idea about basting the blocks together and the sashings can go on when they get back home to us. What do you other ladies think?

I don't want any of us to feel stressed or rushed about this swap. We won't enjoy it if it becomes stressful, and I really don't need the stress myself. We will just have anticipation to deal with and that is a good thing.

I guess I would like to see my blocks, but then again, I want there to be no stress. I think we should be aware that we all have different styles and abilities and I think it could be detrimental to the group if we criticize each other's work. Most of us are going in unsure how this will turn out, but as a cohesive group I think we should only give each other positive reinforcement. We will all be growing and learning a new facet of quilting. I don't think any of us has ever done this before so that puts us all in the same boat. I don't expect perfection and I really hope all of us can just enjoy this. We will be learning how to be more creative. That doesn't come out of a book.