Old 09-23-2012, 03:51 AM
Yarn or Fabric

Default Hawaiian Print Oriental Garden Quilt - my new favorite quick quilt :D

I just finished a quilt top for my sister's wedding. Can I just say that I absolutely love this pattern? It's called Oriental Garden http://www.spotlight.com.au/inspirat...-garden-quilt/
I have two wedding quilts to make and have ready to go by Oct 10th.... A friend of mine is going to longarm them for me so that I can get done faster. I'm going to owe her bindings in return. She hates doing bindings and I don't mind so it's a payoff I can accept

I had a few issues along the way with this quilt - mostly because I was going to use only the two fabrics and I had to make my Hawaiian print stretch beyond its capacity... I was short 2 inner borders, so I robbed it from the outer side borders... and then I was short by 2" length on the border fabric so I added the dark blue in the corners of it. The original pattern had one fabric all the way around. I kind of like the way that ended up looking anyway so I'm glad I did some quick thinking...
Had I didn't have to overcome those obstacles, I truly believe that I would have had this quilt top completed in one day!

Now I need to piece together a backing and this one will be set to go... then on to the quilt for my niece's wedding....

Oh, and no, I'm not procrastinating. Both of them announced just about a week and a half ago that they were getting married in October!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]364793[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails hawaiian-quilt1.jpg   hawaiian-quilt.jpg