View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 03:54 AM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by DawnA View Post
Thank you all for your input! I have decided that the cost of making a separate room in the garge (the way I want it) would be way too much. So as of now I am still sewing at the dinner table. All three bedrooms are in use by ourselves and children. We have a galley kitchen and the dinning room is where we eat. lol I think I might have hurt my 12 year olds feelings the other day talking out loud. I mentioned that when she goes to college at least I would have a sewing room. lol She looked horrified and informed me she is never moving out! lol
My two boys have moved out and I still use the dining room table for sewing. I like the overhead lighting, the big table, the fact that I can get two sewing machines along each wall. I put a portable sewing macine at the end of the table. I have a small table top ironing board that I use on the table and the large window lighting is wonderful and watching the birds at the feeder is soothing. I could convert a bedroom to a sewing room but I would miss all of the above. When it is time to eat, I just clean off a small area for my DH and me to eat on and when dinner is over, I have the whole area again. Life is good.