View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 05:39 AM
DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I also found a spool of variegated purple/lavender Aurifil thread in a discount bin for $6! I asked if they had more and was told that I just missed out, they've stopped carrying it and clearanced out their entire stock of Aurifil for $6 a spool - I got the very last one. DANG!! I would have stocked up! It's $12 a spool at the only other local shop that I know of that carries it. (I know I can buy it online but I prefer to buy it locally where I can really see the colors if I possibly can.)
Wonderful finding a new local shop!

As for the thread ... what a bummer! My online source went out of business (her regular price was $7.00) and I've been trying to source it locally. I discovered Aurifil the same way you did - a discount bin at one of the local shops when they stopped carrying it (I actually have quite a few in a 50 mile radius). The only other shop around here that carries it is not going to carry it anymore (but refuses to sell the remaining stock at a discounted price).

My husband is going to England and perhaps Italy for a quick business trip and I may have to give him a small suitcase to stock up on Aurifil!