Old 09-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Yarn or Fabric

I'm in the same pondering boat as you - sort of. I used to have a Bailey on a frame. I really didn't like the space the frame took up in my craft room and really never used it. I guess I just didn't bond with it... But to me floor space is prime real estate. I don't mind basting a quilt now that I have made friends with spray basting

I went to look at machines yesterday and kind of left empty handed and no more closer to a decision than I was before. I wasn't able to test the Tin Lizzie sit down. I really wanted to be able to compare them side by side. My local dealer says that they'll be getting one in in the next few weeks so we'll see about that. The Georgia expo is coming up and I might head out there to try out machines again...
I'm also going to look at the Sunshine 16 maybe this coming weekend. That is MUCH more affordable but it is not stitch regulated. I personally don't want or need the regulator. I tried the machines on frames and sit downs with and without the regulator and I don't need it so I'm happy there. That will save me money...

The Innova as much as I love the idea of it, is far too expensive for me. I don't quilt for others. It's just me and that's a lot of fabric for the difference in cost....