Old 09-23-2012, 10:19 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

fraew, some great ideas- i've actually (practiced) my plan with one of the 2 blocks i remade (they started out the incorrect size) and *think* i'm going to make this my <year long> hand project-
i have sorted my blocks into 2 different catagories- one with dark (black & whites) and one with light (black & whites)
i cut batting pieces into 1/2" larger all the way around; then either a solid black (or the light ones) or a white on white for the dark ones piece of fabric 1" larger- for the backing-
layer- backing, batting, top; fold the backing over the excess batting (filling the binding) and folding again to just go over the edges of the top- stitch down- mitering the corners- then hand quilt...then when i have them all finished quilted & bound i will put them together same piecing technique as constructing them in the first place- alternating the black & whites on the back- (also when i have them all quilted/bound, i will decide if its *enough* of if i need to add additional blocks to the mix- i've considered triangles on the edges- making them all stars...only time will really tell...