View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

are you hoping to get a machine to use or are you shopping for a machine to resell?
values vary alot- dependant on location, condition, age...
i picked up a wonderful 1956 singer 99-k in great shape- clean- works great- good case ect at a yard sale for $20! i've seen them dirty, worn cords, damaged cases listed for 10 times that-
if looking for an electrical machine - check the wiring, the foot pedal, overall condition, make sure the wheel turns, the needle goes up & down, what attachments are included- then you have to set your own budget- what are you willing to pay?
i spent 3 years looking for my (perfect 2nd machine) my hubby would see them here & there & show me- we would go over them- sometimes they would be $50, sometimes $250=== he would always tell me as i climbed back into the car- you can have it if you want it---to which i would say---i know- but that's not the one...he would find me very frustrating at times
then one day we walked into this garage---and there is was!!! i lifted the case---it was so pretty! so clean- so well taken care of & loved- i tentively asked...(how much?)
the lady said---would you give me $20 for it???
OMG!!! my hubby was pulling out his wallet with a huge grin on his face! finally i had found the machine i'd been looking for!
i have a sister in law who is very happy with & proud of her 99-K which she paid $150 for - she loves it & feels she got a great deal---
it's all dependant on you- your budget- what it is worth to you! for me- that was the best $20 i've ever spent!