Old 09-23-2012, 02:36 PM
melinda1962

Charlee, glad to hear you are doing better. I had wondered where you had gone off to. You take care of yourself.

Miriam, those gk's are cuties. They look like great little workers.

Cute faked machine logo, Laura.

I have an amazing story for yall. After we lost Mama in January, I had decided to start being a better person in my own weird way and started making the lap quilts to donate for door prizes monthly at our local country music show. They have been quite a hit. This month would have been my mama's birthday, so I used fabrics strictly from her stash, that nobody wanted so I have it, and made a quilt, using a pic that she had drawn, that I found with this stack of fabrics. You know how we all have our quilt fantasies and think ahead and have the fabrics in groups. Well, our older daughter was home this weekend, and said I was being mean for not letting her have that quilt. I said, well, it is going for a door prize in honor of your grandma's birthday, so your one shot is to win it. The tickets are the two part ones, and she got there after us, so her ticket number was not even close to ours, and she sat in the seat next to me. This girl was her grandma's favorite, and it was not a secret either. Back on track now, the band had played Last Date, one of my mom's faves, and made our daughter cry. Then came the door prizes, and out of 250 numbers, my daughter won the quilt. Some things are meant to be, and when I explained the situation to the program director, and she agreed. How cool for that to happen. My daughter said that her grandma took care of that, and she slept under the quilt last night, and it was the first thing she loaded in her car when she got ready to leave.